Subject: Re: EMLPlayer1.2
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 10:30:30 +0100

Date sent:  

>On Fri, 1 Jul 1994, Richard Wiffen wrote:
>
>> NICE!!!  I want those libs!!!  :)
>> 
>> Much better than the crappy routines which come with Blitz.
>
>Thankyou.. :)
> 
>> Only problem I had was that, after playing a number of modules, Workbench
>> would tell me I had about 1.5M free, but I kept getting Recoverable Alerts.
>> When I checked with 'avail', it told me the largest block size was about
>> 20-30 k!  It looks like the EML libs are fragmenting my memory!
>> (BTW, I'm using a 1200 with HD, no fastmem).
>> 
>> BTW, could someone in Oz tell me an address for Ratbyte Software?  I was told
>> that's where to send my registration card.  I need my new BUM!  :)
>> (And do I need to send money with it?)
>
>I can't remember the address off hand, but I have it..  I'll send it to you
>tomorrow...
>
>I've also had the problem you stated above..  Looks like a bug in Blitz
>though because I'm allocating memory with the blitz routines...  I get those
>awful alerts ALL of the time..

Someone else has found this stupid bug in Blitz!  My Map editor keeps on
Recoverable alerting on me - I cannot track down what the fault is.  I'm glad
that someone else has this problem, since it means that my source code isn't at 
fault!

And....

I had a look at the module player program (EMLPLAYER?) and I though it was
quite good.  What you should do is put in MED module support and make it play
whole directories!
Can I have copies of your libraries please whoever wrote the EMLPLAYER
(APOLOGIES: its Monday morning, the editor I'm using sucks and I can't remember
your name!)?

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images| Gripes : Someones spotted a T.T. bug!|
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/340HD/6MB/Blitz2             | ToolTypes Library  Workbench Library |
|                                    | [###############!] [###############] |
|                                    | Finished Project : RI Libs v3.2      |
| Steven Matty     : sis3147         | [###########################:::::::] |
| Stephen McNamara : sis3149         | Finished Project : Map Editor v1.1   |
| @sisvax.sis.port.ac.uk             | [######################::::::::::::] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/